Summer is upon us, and that means that you and your family will probably want to make the most of your home’s outdoor space. From barbeques to pool parties, the backyard is an oasis during summertime, a place where you and your family can kick back and enjoy the warm weather. But for many homeowners, a bit of recovery has to happen after the cold winter months.
Getting your backyard ready for summer can be completed quickly, especially if you have the help of the rest of your family. Here are a few ways to spruce up your yard and prepare for the upcoming summer months:
- Mow the lawn and fix any landscaping issues that may have arisen throughout the last few months. For example, replace cracked pavers and dead plants.
- Inspect outdoor surfaces, including fences, patios, stairs, etc., for any damage. Repair or replace damaged wood, cracked tiles, etc.
- Give your deck or patio and outdoor furniture a thorough cleaning. You may want to revive your outdoor space with a fresh coat of paint or new pillows for your patio furniture. Don’t forget to clean beneath outdoor overhangs and other hard to reach spaces.
- If you have a pool, test the water and make sure the pump is working correctly. Clean any debris and make sure that all safety equipment, i.e. child gates and covers, is working properly.
- Clean your grill thoroughly, so it is ready to take on the first grilled meal of the season whenever your family decides to fire it up. Check the propane or charcoal, making sure that propane tanks are full and properly connected and charcoal is stored in a safe, dry location.
Surprisingly, taking care of your yard often starts with taking care of your roof. The Leaf Slugger gutter cleaning prevention system prevents clogs in your gutters and downspouts, which can cause damage to your yard’s landscaping. Installing this gutter protection system is a wonderful way to prepare for not only this summer, but many summers to come!