Mold is a common concern for homeowners, as severe cases of mold can cause residents to become ill and can require extensive (not to mention expensive) repairs. Although everyone is not sensitive to mold, it can create a major problem regarding the value of your home. Should your property have mold, it will need restoration in order to attract buyers or regain its market value.

Mold grows in areas that experience a high level of moisture. For this reason, it is often a sign of water damage. When your gutters become clogged and overflow, this is just the kind of water damage that they can cause. This is one of the many reasons why it is incredibly important to keep your gutters clean and ensure that water is properly flowing away from your home.

For people who are sensitive to mold, or if the mold grows extensively, it can cause a long list of adverse reactions. These, according to the Centers for Disease Control, include:

  • Nasal stuffiness
  • Wheezing
  • Skin irritation
  • Eye irritation
  • Fever
  • Shortness of breath
  • Cough
  • Asthma-like symptoms
  • Respiratory illness

Although people who have allergies, respiratory conditions, and other health concerns are more sensitive to mold, some of these reactions have been experienced by individuals who are, otherwise, in good health. As a result, it is important to keep your home free of excessive moisture in order to keep your family healthy.

A great way to avoid the growth of mold is to keep your gutters clean. Cleaning your gutters will prevent debris from backing up the system, which causes overflow and, over time, water damage.

Cleaning your gutters is never a fun task, but there is a way to keep your gutters clear year round without having to ever clean them again. The Leaf Slugger gutter cleaning prevention system blocks debris and effectively manages the flow of water away from your home.