Choosing the right new gutters for your home is important; however, you will have many options available to you when you start shopping. Although choosing a new gutter system is not a common home maintenance task, it is one that you should research to ensure that you invest in the right materials.
Here are some of the many options that you will have when you purchase your new gutters:
- Gutters come in a variety of materials, including aluminum, galvanized steel, copper, vinyl, stainless steel, and wood (although wood is not a common choice for modern homes).
- Galvanized steel gutters are affordable and are, for this reason, very popular.
- Aluminum gutters are a bit more expensive than galvanized steel, but they do not require as much maintenance.
- Vinyl gutters are a favorite for DIY gutter installation projects because they are inexpensive and easy to install.
- Copper gutters are the most expensive, but they provide a distinguished look and require virtually no maintenance (aside from regular cleaning if you do not have the Leaf Slugger gutter cleaning prevention system).
- The shape of gutters varies, as they are available in rounds, half-rounds, rectangles, ogees, and “K” profiles.
- Gutters come in three different diameters to meet the needs of every home, including four, five, and six inches.
- Downspouts, which carry water from the gutters away from your home, are also available in different shapes and sizes.
- Your new gutters may be chosen in a color that matches the rest of your home’s exterior. Over 25 colors are available on today’s market and Leaf Slugger’s water management system is available in 12 colors, ensuring that your new gutters will enhance your home’s curb appeal.
- Gutter systems are available in sectional and seamless styles.
Before buying new gutters, consult with a Leaf Slugger professional to learn how the Leaf Slugger gutter protection system can bolster your investment! Furthermore, you may not even have to purchase new gutters if you install Leaf Slugger!